Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
I’m not sure when I decided it would be a brilliant idea to write from the POV of an African-American girl in 1980s New York. But she’s one of my leads and she wants POV. Alternating POVs with a woman who talks in an ever-so-proper Julie-Andrews-style English accent.
Sometimes, I think I choose the challenging things to see if this will finally be the thing to make my brain essplode.
People who don’t like Emma Woodhouse as a character because: she’s too rich for anything to really go that wrong in her life, and she’s an insufferable know-it-all, and she meddles in the love-lives of her friends because ‘she knows best’?
Idk man, that’s pretty much Mr Darcy though. And he’s on merchandise tote bags. People seem to like him just fine.
1700 words of original stuff written at work today. One day, someone is going to catch me, but it is not this day! First time writing this character as well. It’s all very exciting!
- Donations for Darren Wilson mysteriously halt after reaching over $400K. Darren Wilson Gofundme page officially shut down!!!
- The “Support Darren Wilson” Facebook page is deleting comments about basic financial questions and is urging supporters to petition against the Mike Brown Fund
- Time uses the word “negrophobia” instead of “racism” and compares fear of spiders to fear of black people. Seriously.
- The truth about flash bangs
- Public art on Canfield: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
- Video from the March on Ferguson
- Video from DC’s Mike Brown Rally
- 10 people from the Lost Voices organization are living in tents (x) until there is justice for Mike Brown
- Mike Brown’s family asks for 4 1/2 minutes of silence tomorrow instead of highway protest
Y’know, I’ve finally put my finger on what ticked me off about the LotR/Hobbit films specifically in relation to the ladies.
I was thinking about it when a gifset of the Eowyn-cooking-scene showed up. I hate that scene. I hate it with the fire of a thousand suns. Actually, on the whole, I really don’t like the way they deal with their female characters at all, which is ridiculous given that most of the writing team is female.
Chapter: Forty-eight - Union
Fandom: Captain America films
AU: Peggy Carter as the Winter Soldier
Rating: Same as the films, maybe a tiny bit higher.
Summary: She had no name that she could recall. She did not need a name, anymore than she needed a home or comfort. She only had her assignments.
Notes: WHEE! ACTION SEQUENCE!
"You were cautioned," the Operative said mildly. "Your behaviour dictates his well-being."
"This is unnecessary!" she snarled, lunging forward in the grip of the people holding her. Superhuman strength was a useful side-effect of the experiments carried out on her. Another man, then another, and another all piled on to hold her down. Seven against one, all occupied in restraining her. Evening the odds somewhat. "Stop! Leave him alone!"
The Operative looked dispassionately at her. “A point must be made.”
Page 1 of 2104